5.06.2015

Oh Yum: Banana Bread


This weekend Zach and I found ourselves with a bunch of ripe bananas, so I made banana bread.  My mom and dad have always made the most delicious banana bread.  I had to use their recipe from this beautiful cookbook.  I have included the recipe below, but I'm not sure it does the handwritten and illustrated recipe book justice.  

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups butter
1 3/4 cups brown sugar (packed)
4 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups flour 
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon 
2 cups pureed ripe banana blended with 1 cup black coffee

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350°F.  Grease 2 loaf pans.
2.  Beat together butter and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time.  When mixture is fluffy, stir in vanilla.
3.  Sift together dry ingredients.  Add to butter mixture alternating with banana mixture, beginning and ending with the dry mixture.  Mix just enough to combine -- don't over mix. 
4.  Spread batter evenly in the pans.
5.  Bake 40-50 min.
6.  Cool 10 min in pan before removing and enjoying!

I hope you make some delicious bread, and if you're feeling adventurous, put some cream cheese on it!

--grace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips