12.09.2013

Oh Yum: Christmas Cookies

Hello all!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  I did!  I made some Christmas cookies with my boyfriend to add a  little holiday cheer to the less than cheerful studio.  We made Smoosh Cookies with green and red sugar (recipe below).  Then I put them in clear plastic gift bags wrapped in twine, with some holiday tags! We also tried the recipe on the back of Hershey's Hugs (my favorite candy).  You should try them:

Smoosh Cookies:

1.  Preheat oven to 350
2.  Beat in bowl:

1 Cup butter (2sticks), softened. 

¾ Cup oil

1 cup white sugar

1 cup powdered sugar

3.  ADD and continue beating:

1 ½ tsp vanilla (real)

2 eggs

4.  ADD:

4 ½ cups white flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1 tsp cream tarter

5.  Roll into small balls.  Roll the cookie dough balls in white sugar. Flatten with glass bottom dipped into colored sugar.
6.  Bake 8-10 minutes

Do you have any great holiday cookie recipes?  I'm always looking for new ones!

--grace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips