10.18.2013

Sweet Sounds: Night Beds


Do you have anything exciting planned for the weekend?  I barely had time to take a breath this week so I am excited to relax a little and work on some of my own projects (instead of school).  I decided to post some sweet relaxing sounds for the weekend.  Have you heard of the Night Beds? The Night Beds is the music of Winston Yellen.  He wrote the album in a rented pre-civil war home in the woods (owned previously by Johnny Cash).  It was released on Dead Oceans (Tallest Man on Earth) in 2013.  His American folky sounds combined with pedal steel and strings remind me of Sun Kil Moon and a bit of Alex Turner's solo work.  It's a really great album.  Listen to the Night Beds Tiny Desk Concert or purchase the CD here.



Have a wonderful weekend

--grace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips