8.14.2013

Sweet Sounds: Rodriguez


On our drive back from Chicago, my brother played me the album Cold Fact by Rodriguez and I have been listening to it all day.  He is an American folk musician (my brother said he reminded him of Bob Dylan).  A documentary came out recently about Rodriguez called Searching for Sugar Man.  Rodriguez is originally from Detroit, Michigan.  He released two albums in the 1970's and then stopped making music.  Without Rodriguez's knowledge, his music became very popular and successful in South Africa.  The documentary is about two South African fans searching for Rodriguez.  I plan on making my family watch the movie with me tonight.  I'll let you know how it is.  Either way, listen to one of my favorite songs below, or do yourself a favor and buy the album here.  


--grace

p.s. check out this extremely realistic pumpkin head

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips