8.30.2013

Good Reads: History of Love


Happy weekend!  I just finished the book The History of Love yesterday and it was wonderful.  Have you read it?  My sister and I listened to the first half of it on tape on the way to Chicago.  I used to love books on tape when I was younger, but now they kind of frustrate me!  So I ordered the book on amazon and read it in a few days.  What a beautifully written heartbreaking love story.
Leo Gursky taps his radiator each evening to let his upstairs neighbor know he’s still alive. But it wasn’t always like this: in the Polish village of his youth, he fell in love and wrote a book. . . . Sixty years later and half a world away, fourteen-year-old Alma, who was named after a character in that book, undertakes an adventure to find her namesake and save her family. With virtuosic skill and soaring imaginative power, Nicole Krauss gradually draws these stories together toward a climax of “extraordinary depth and beauty” (Newsday)
Some sweet sounds for your weekend: 



--grace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips