8.27.2013

Eames Elephant




Hello everyone!  Hope your week is going well.  I just thought I would share this wonderful piece of furniture.  I saw the Eames Elephant in a book we looked through during studio at the start of our new project.  Plus, my sister has recently become enchanted with elephants so I keep my eyes open for especially cute ones.
Almost no other animal enjoys such popularity as the elephant. Admired for its majestic size and loved for its proverbial good-humor, it is part of our everyday experience as a child's cuddly toy, a storybook character and a majestic creature. Charles and Ray Eames also succumbed to their charms and in 1945 designed a toy elephant made of plywood. However, it never made it into mass production. The Eames elephant is now available for the first time in a plastic version for those it was originally intended for: children.
Have a nice evening!
--grace  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips