10.17.2012

Designing Bilingually


Recently, my adviser came into our studio class asking if anyone was considering a minor, throwing out the idea of anything from Spanish to Business.  Since then, I haven't been able to get the idea out of my head that I should be taking a foreign language.  Many business industries are global, and I feel that the design profession is absolutely included.  From this comes the question I have been pondering for the last week, is learning a language in college worth the trouble?  Is it just extra work, or an asset not only to career success but to cognitive development?  I read this wonderful article advocating in foreign languages' favor.  I think I am going to try to continue my high school education in German, next semester.  Did you take a language in college?  Do you speak a foreign language now? 

would love to hear your thoughts

--grace


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips